Saturday, April 19, 2014

April A to Z Blogging Challenge Day 15...Today's Blog Brought to You by the Letter "O"


Well, I'm a day late, but here I am writing my "O" post.  I may not even get to post it today!  I'm having slow internet issues, so it is taking me forever to get anything done.  We are getting Google Fiber very soon (they are in construction now), so hopefully this slow connection and lost connection stuff will be a thing of the past!

For today, "O" is for Outdoor Photography.  If I could narrow down my photography to three areas and do only those three for the rest of my life, they would include my "N" topic (newborn photography), my "O" topic (outdoor or nature photography), and themed shoots.


When I am stressed out, I often get my camera out and walk through my neighborhood or a park or the zoo and take pictures.  Part of the reason that I enjoy it so much is that God has made such beautiful things.  Another thing that I like about outdoor photography is that nature doesn't move.  Except for animals, it just sits there patiently while I set up my shot and move into the right position.  And I don't have to worry about making anyone smile or expectations.  It's just me and the camera.  Looking through the lens of a camera has allowed me to slow down and SEE the world around me.  You rarely see me without my camera and if I don't have the Nikon, I have my phone handy for either the kids or nature.

A few years back, I entered a local parks photo contest and won with a photo that showed a rainbow created by a fountain spray.  I would love to enter more contests and find a way to sell my photos.  A goal for the future!

~ Robin ~

No comments:

Post a Comment