Friday, April 11, 2014

April A to Z Blogging Challenge Day 9...Today's Blog Brought to You by the Letter "I"

 


Yes!  Today we are talking about Instagram!  I used Instagram off and on, but it was never a major part of my life.  That does not mean that I do not use the camera on my phone!  Man!  What did we ever do without those camera phones!  I whip that thing out all the time!  I can't always carry around my big Nikon and all the equipment that goes with it.  But, when a moment is happening or I see something pretty, it is wonderful to be able to capture that memory.  I honestly would buy a phone based on its camera.  I would love to have one of the new Nokia Lumias that are basically a camera with a phone feature.  But, until my cell phone carrier offers it, I guess I am sticking with my iPhone.



I have another confession to make about my camera on my phone!  I have some great editing software on my phone that I can't get anywhere else (or else it's a free app on my phone, but paid for desktop).  So, sometimes I transfer pictures to my phone and edit them there and then transfer them back to my desktop.  I seriously need a tablet, I guess.


Instagram was pretty cool, but if I wanted to share pictures with friends and family, I just posted them on Facebook.  So, I only occasionally posted on Instagram.  Until I participated in the Biannual Blogathon Bash.  One of the breakout sessions was about using Instagram to increase traffic to your blog.  I hadn't thought about using it for my businesses.  And I didn't know anything about hashtags before that either.  I thought they were a Twitter thing and since I don't "Tweet", I never used hashtags.  Now, as I am posting pictures on Instagram and tagging them, I am increasing my reach.  Random people are finding my profile because of my tags.  I felt like I had discovered a hidden treasure!  I know, I am late to the party!  But, better late than never!  So, now I am trying to post more pictures and work on following more people and increasing my following.  If you haven't already decided to follow me, please do!  I am "DIVAMAMAROBIN" on Instagram!  Another thing I have discovered about Instagram is that it is a great place for me to find inspiration, especially in regards to crocheting and photography!  Searching hashtags will bring up any number of pictures that can inspire my creativity.  If you aren't on Instagram yet, take the plunge!



~ Robin ~

No comments:

Post a Comment