Saturday, April 26, 2014

April A to Z Blogging Challenge Day 23...Today's Blog Brought to You by the Letter "W"


I had been tossing around ideas for today's blog post, but today's events presented me with the perfect headline:  "Wanted: Experienced Hookers."


No, not prostitutes!  Obviously, from the picture, the kind of "hooking" I am talking about is crocheting.


Today, I was going to teach a beginner crochet class at my church.  However, no one showed up, not even the person that was supposed to let me in!  I arrived early, so I waited for a total of fifty minutes.  Finally talked to the key-keeper, who apologized profusely and offered to send someone over right away.  But, with no one showing up, it wasn't necessary.  I assume that means that the ladies who will be joining our crochet club are all experienced crocheters and didn't need the beginner class!

My husband felt sorry for me since no one showed up (I did do a bit of prep work, so that part stinks), but I don't take it personally.  It's not about me.  I hope that many show up for our regular club because my whole goal is to make items for charity.  I want to benefit the homeless, the children's homes, cancer patients, NICU babies and bereaved parents, our missionaries' ministries, women's shelters, etc.  I want to DO something tangible and a group can do so much more than just one person.  So, I reiterate: experienced hookers wanted!!!

~ Robin ~

No comments:

Post a Comment