Tuesday, April 15, 2014

April A to Z Blogging Challenge Day 12...Today's Blog Brought to You by the Letter "L"



I changed my mind at the last minute and decided for my "L" post, I'd have some fun and post some limericks (some old, some new) that I've written.  L is also for "laugh" so have a good one!

There once was a man from Nantucket
Who carried corncobs in a bucket
They laughed him to scorn
For he didn't like corn
But he sure did like to shuck it!


There once was a girl who could cook
But guys never gave her a look
She married a man
Who eats all he can
Now he lives in their breakfast nook!

There once was a man named Larry
Who was more than a little bit hairy
His wife gave him a shave
Then went to her grave
Because his face was really quite scary!

There once was a man with the blues
He just didn't know what to do
He laid on the dinner table a-howlin'
And his stomach was really a-growlin'
'Cause he didn't know which fork he should use!

There once was a girl from Chattanooga
Whose hubby liked watching Lex Luger
Of wrestling she was tired
So her hubby she fired
And now she is rid of that booger.

There once was a mom who shot people
Whether in the park or under a steeple
Her services were sought-after
And folks paid this crafter
You see, with a Nikon, shooting's quite legal....

There once was a mom who was hookin'
Her talents didn't include cookin'
She just couldn't stop
So she opened a shop
Because her crocheting was quite good-lookin'.

There once was a grandma who sewed
The thread through the needle just flowed
Her embroidering was fine
But the materials she couldn't confine
To just one room of her abode.

There are no thoughts in my head
(Obvious, if my poems you've read)
I wish I could quit
But then if I did
They'd feel my pulse to see if I'm dead!

It's come time for me to quit
(I know you've long hoped for it)
Of course, you're real sad
'Cause my poems weren't THAT bad
But I'll be back before you know it!

~ Robin ~

2 comments:

  1. This limerick was great fun! #a2zchallenge sharing the love from http://4covert2overt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't know how i missed this comment! i must have published it but forgot to reply! i'm so sorry! thank you for visiting! i hope you had fun with the A to Z challenge too!

    ReplyDelete