I saw a set like this on Pinterest or Etsy somewhere and since I already had a pattern for the fire hat (from Micah Makes) and a boot pattern I thought I could modify, I decided I could probably figure out the diaper cover/suspenders. I started this months ago. My husband is a paramedic for Kansas City Fire Department and one of the firemen at his station had a three month old baby and said I could use her as a baby model. So, I made the hat, one boot and got 2/3 of the diaper cover done. Then life got a little crazy and I put them away and forgot where I put them. I searched everywhere! By the time I found them, I knew his baby was too big to fit into the outfit. However, we've had another volunteer! Another fireman has a baby due in a couple of months, so I may yet get my baby model!!! For now, here are pictures of the set, which I will likely be making available on Etsy soon.
Sunday, July 20, 2014
Saturday, July 19, 2014
We've had a lot of family emergencies recently, so I haven't been blogging much. I had wanted to get involved in the June version of the Biannual Blogathon Bash, but this was one of those times that I needed to say no. I have been trying to get a crochet club going at my church, but my church is small and we haven't had much participation, so I am trying to expand and ask people in the area to join us. But, in the meanwhile, our church was taking a group to a mission to the deaf in Matamoros, Mexico called Con Mis Manos. I'm just one person and they recently added a number of students, so there was no way I could make all the things that they needed: hats, Bible covers, and blankets. But, I did manage to get a couple of pieces done. Wednesday, the group left for Mexico, so we are praying they will be a blessing. They loaded a trailer with supplies (the ladies group purchased a few sewing machines that they use to teach a skill, a lady had a Pampered Chef show where people could either purchase items for the mission or purchase items for themselves and the proceeds were going directly to Con Mis Manos, and various donations). These are the hats I managed to finish and I was also able to finish my first blanket/afghan. I'd never attempted one before, so this was new territory!
Monday, July 7, 2014
On my Pinterest board, I get the most repins by far from a picture of a crocheted Eeyore hat. I decided to try to make one of my own, no pattern. Here's how it turned out. If you are interested in purchasing one, I added it to my Etsy shop.